Sunday, September 28, 2008

French toast

Mornings in our house are fairly routine. During school, I try to wake up at 5:15. This is for a couple reasons. For some reason I feel like it is an accomplishment. Something rural and agrerion. I also, ave devotions when the rest of the house is in bed, and I try to clean up a little before Jenny gets up. Also, it gives me some time to myself. Jenny is nearly always up when I am up. She is a night person. I turn on some soft music. I read out of John Piper's devotional a Godward Life. I was given this by someone that I respect more, probably than anyone else. Dwight Chapel's pastor Emanuel Haqq. Then, I intend to work out a bit.....intend.... Then, I decide if I want to bike to work, if its warm enough, I will leave at 6:30. If its too cold I will leave a little before seven. Its a nice routine... I thik that TV is the only thing standing in the way of this routine.... that and just the craziness of having kids and no time to myself.... Sometimes at night I just want to be able to breathe a bit before I go to work..

Weekends, I would like to get up at the same time. Someday that will happen .... for now, I wake up when Nora does, or sometimes Jenny does, and make breakfast for the kids.... and rush into the day.
Henry doesn't like french toast.
db

No comments: