Thursday, August 2, 2007

Comet Pond


I wanted to spend the good part of the day at Comet Pond yesterday. But, I wanted to buy a cabana so Nora woudn't be in the sun the whole time. So, Henry and I went to Walmart to try to find one... They lead me to every corner of the store, and... nothing. So, Henry fell asleep on the way back, and when I came home, the cats, Jenny and Nora, were all sleeping. I guess it was nap time. Every one slept until about 4:00. We still did make it to the beach. We stayed for about an hour and then the beach closed. Henry didn't want to go in at first. I had to carry him in. But once he was in he liked it. I swished him around and he really liked it. I tried to get him to dunk his head in the water but.... it wasn't happening. I love Comet pond. It is one of the cleanest ponds in Massachusetts. It's real name is Asnacomet Pond. I remember, years ago, I canoed on the pond and it was a very strange experience. Its so clear that I could very clearly see the botom of the pond and I had the distinct feeling that I was flying... and that I could fall and hit the bottom of the pond. Jenny asked me if I wanted to go and canoe there again. Sounds like fun!!!

No comments: