Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rutland State Park


Jenny almost had the day off today. She was called in, and that is rare. So, she is making a pocket-full of money. But she missed a completly gorgeous day. Henry, Nora and I went to the state park for the sole purpose of Henry being able to throw rocks into the water. He did do that, but the completely abundant kiver population caught his eye. I brought a banana for him to eat and he dropped it on the ground. So, we discovered that kivers actually like to eat banana. Its no big surprise... they eat everything. I remember when I was young. I was camping and we ran out of bait. We just threw our hooks in and the kivers would bite onto the bare metal. They aren't too bright. Anyway, Henry enjoyed getting muddy and throwing everything he could find into the water... including bananas.

No comments: