Monday, June 8, 2009

Big and little

So, there is joy withing the sorrow, pleasure in the pain. Isn't this always the way it is. In "The Giver" the author says they are inseperable. I don't think that's true. My shoulder is aching and I am happy to be home with my kids. I am happy to see summer coming on like some mirage on the wavering horizon, and I won't be recieving a raise next year, and my health insurance may be up 30 percent which means I will make significantly less than I made last year... and I am poor right now. But summer is two weeks away.
:) Henry and Nora, as big as they are in my life. That little bit of blue between them is what is left of my freedom... and I would gladly see it vanish. There it goes, and I go down slipping into bondage, smiling, because I love them, and they smile back, and crowd out every bit of who I am without them.
I do love them both! They are in bed now. Henry is yelling across the room to Nora. I have no idea what about but I bet it is about some sort of joke that I wouldn't understand. Henry says that he is much funnier than I am, and he gets all offended when I say he isn't. I say that he makes jokes that don't make sense, and he says that I make jokes that he can't understand... same thing. I love them both. Nora is talking so much now... she and Henry are finally carrying on convesations. I have waited for them to be able to do this for a long time. They generally talk about scaring eachother or whether a food is yucky or not. It is really nice.

(2 more days of vicotin left)

No comments: