Saturday, August 22, 2009

rain and mornings

I got up early today. I sleep in increments. If I can get six hours sleep and then wake up, I feel great. Also, If I get eight hours sleep and then get up I feel a tiny bit better. Anything other than those two and I feel awful. Today was a six hour day and I got up nicely before anyone in my house. I did hear Nora kind of mumble something a bit ago. Jen worked last night and she isn't home yet. I don't know why she submits herself to working at night. I did it for two years while I was in college and it really messes with your head. Or at least it did with mine. I don't think she likes it either. She will be home in about half an hour.
Its raining outside right now. I love that. I don't have anything overly special planned for today. The plumber isnt coming so I don't have to be home for that. Jen is going to sleep till about noon when she comes home. I think I will take the kids somewhere this morning. It will have to be inside I guess. Even if the rain stops the grass will probably be to wet for them to roll around in. I have to buy some school clothes, pants really. Maybe I will go to the pseudomall with the kids and let them marvel at all of the stuff they can't have...(get used to it). Actually, they don't really care about that stuff they just like running around in the mall. I have great kids. No fits about things they can't have etc.
I bought plants for my classroom this year, so I guess I will be one of those type of teachers.

2 comments:

kathryn. said...

i remember audrey (plant) and remember her fondly. also, just to keep you updated: i recently apologized to andrew foley for being so obnoxious to him in your class 4.5 years ago. (its been that long.. holy crap)

DaveB said...

you are too much Kat, did Andrew gasp in shock at your apology, or feign completely ignorance at your reasoning?