Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Half an hour before

Here is what I am thinking. I don't want to ride my bike past former students because I always look so stupid riding the thing. I am not one of those svelte bikers in black spandex suits that zip past. I am actually the exact antithesis of that. So, yeah, I don't want to do that, but I think I am going to have to. I am excited to see my students. I am excited to get this year going. I hope I am helping my body by biking not destroying it. I am nervous to read the names of the students in my homeroom out loud because I am not sure how to pronounce them yet. I want this year to be better than last and last was pretty good from a "my own class" perspective. I don't really want to eat oatmeal but I think somehow it will give me energy for my bike ride. I want Henry to have a really positive experience at school. I want them to love him like I do. I want Jen to walk away from today stronger than she was. I want the bus to drop Henry off at our house and not get him lost somewhere. I want Henry not to be bothered by a bunch of new kids and noise. I don't want him to zone out an mumble things because there is too much going on around him. I don't want him to be lonely.

I think that is it for what is on my mind right now.

I am going to go make some oatmeal.

No comments: