Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back in class

I had my first class of photography tonight. It was at the art museum. It was interesting and not so much at times. The most interesting aspect was the other people there with me... We were a very varied bunch of individuals. I sat next to a very introspective, non-verbal comic illustrator that didn't answer the prof's questions when asked except to reply that he drew comics. Next to him was a very old, bespectacled man in a three piece suit that worked somehow for the state. Next to him was a kind of bubbly sophomore in high school that was interested in starting a candle company online. Other people included another comic book creator that said two thing all night: "Hi", and "Do you want to see something creepy." He said both of those things to the professor who, to her own credit, took them in stride, and a couple of housewives.
The class itself was a mixture of things I already knew and things that are going to be incredibly useful to me. The class is on photoshop elements. I think I am going to like it, I just have to walk around a bit more than anyone else due to the pain in my shoulder. It is going away, just not entirely gone yet. I get to go see a neurosurgeon in August. I hope he tells me to go away. My back is getting better... he should.
I bought some really nice scallops today to cook tomorrow, almost ensuring that tomorrow is going to be a blue ribbon day!

No comments: