Friday, July 3, 2009

elbows, fingers and short women

I went back to the physical therapist today. I was over half an hour early... I have no idea how that happened. It was like I went through some hole in the time space continuum and got there in five minutes... at any rate. I watched a bit of tennis, which I actually really love, and then this tiny, blond woman came over and told me that she was going to be working with me today. She also told me her name, and I almost remembered it. So, she made me lie down on a heating pad, and that was really nice. Then she massaged my back. That started out really really nice. I have never had anyone that knew what they were doing do anything like that. It was so good in the beginning. Then things got bad. she started pressing really hard around my shoulder blades. And, then I felt what I thought was her superhumanly strong hands digging in under them. I just couldn't figure out how she could even have the power to do this!! I realized that she was working her elbow around my back. She described the feeling as intense. I describe the feeling as searing pain. At one point I had a muscle spasm that made my hand clench into a fist. At this, she giggled... GIGGLED... and said "Ooo a muscle spasm...we will have to work that out later." Then she proceeded to tell me that she was a certified massage therapist and was planning on working in some deep tissue massage into my nice calm regiment of physical therapy. Next time I am going to ask her where she keeps all the black leather stuff and chains...

Then I had traction. I am really hoping that this is working. I think it might be. Which is really exciting.

I went to the fireworks tonight. They were great.. even greater than that is the fact that Jenny seems to be making a new friend. She really needed someone other than me... preferably a girl. So, I was happy to go with their family. They have kids our kids age and she is a nurse... It is nice to see that happening. Henry loved the fireworks and Nora held her hands over her ears but didn't cry at all. :)

No comments: